Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I have been married for 6 years now, stay at home with my two wonderful boys (2 1/2 and 5 mo). I also watch 5 other children in their home part time. I cloth diaper both of my boys, using hand knit, by me, wool covers and prefolds. I try and make a lot of our food from scratch and hopelessly fail at keeping house, but I try.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Shout Out to a Local Wool Loving Store

Circle ME of course! They love wool as well as other natural parenting and diapering options. I want to take a moment to spread some of that love around! They will be hosting a REdiaper sale on Saturday. This sale is great for diaper owners and diaper shopppers alike! At the last sale I consigned all of our infant sized prefolds, so that I could afford to purchase some more fitteds (my absolute favorite style of diaper. . . but at $9 a piece for the least expensive ones. . . still a luxury) for Gee. On a side note I also got rid of my first 'successful' wool soaker ever knitted, using the Curly Purly pattern. I had mistakenly left out the short rows, and on my 8lb 3oz babies it just didn't fit for very long. I found out, last Saturday at their Diaper Class that one of their employees snagged that one for her newest love. How dear it is to me to know that it was loved by another baby.

They also have booths set up for local vendors to participate. My favorite last year was a gal in the booth to our left selling green cleaning products made by herself. There were other natural parenting products being represented as well as toys and books. The doula's had a booth set up in the other room. It was wonderful. I can't wait to see who's here this time!

Among all the beautiful diapers they had lined up for their consignment sale were pockets, prefolds, AIO's, woolies and more. They had Goodmama fitteds, Fuzzi Bunz pockets, I even saw some WAHM made diapers and feminine pads. There were natural toys, nursing covers, wraps, teething necklaces and the like. If you're new to cloth diapering, or just need a good deal, consignment is the way to go! For new to cloth moms and dads, get a variety and ask somebody for help in your washing routines. You can put together your own inexpensive sampler package, rather than paying top dollar to find which ones wont work for you (hey, keep those and consign them at the next sale!!). Be sure to check out any sales that might be going on with their retail merchandise!

This would be a great weekend to stock up on your wool care products, since you'll be checking out the consigment deals anyway, right? Check out CJ's products in their retail side of things. CJ's All Natural Wool Wash is a 45% lanolin solution! This is a great option and easy to use for washing those woolies. You could even call it a no brainer! For in between washings you can add a spritz of CJ's Wool Revitalizer. Both of these come in scented and unscented options. Circle Me also carries Lansinoh Lanolin that can be used with a little soap to make your own wool wash! Here are the instructions.

You might all be wondering what I"m after? From the consignment side I"m going to grab me some stay dry liners and fitteds, should I find the right sizes, and I"m crossing my fingers to find an Amber teething necklace for Dizzy (Gee already has one) as he's getting his molars in now. On the retail side? Some CJ's love of course!! And don't forget those cloud-like mama pads by Fuzzi Bunz. . . gotta get me some of that love!

The Sleepy Sheep will see you there! Now to go make sure I have plenty of wool for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment