Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I have been married for 6 years now, stay at home with my two wonderful boys (2 1/2 and 5 mo). I also watch 5 other children in their home part time. I cloth diaper both of my boys, using hand knit, by me, wool covers and prefolds. I try and make a lot of our food from scratch and hopelessly fail at keeping house, but I try.

Monday, July 19, 2010

So long freedom. . .

So I start back at work tomorrow after my 2 1/2 month 'vacation' spent giving birth and then caring for G, who is now about 9 weeks old. This means at 10:15 tomorrow morning, I pack up the boys, a bouncy seat or swing, all the cloth diapers my bag can hold (and pray that will be enough!) and head for the house of 5 children ages 5-9. I don't get to escape until 4:30 or 5. I will be in charge of 7 children, including a still very young baby.

I'm afraid of this. . . I've actually been dreading it for over a month now. I love the kids, love the family and enjoy the fact that I don't have to put mine in childcare. BUT. . . . again, that's SEVEN kids, all under the age of 8. SEVEN. I"m having a hard enough time dealing with just the 2 little ones. Now I get to add in 5 older ones. Individually these kids are all great, including mine, but thrown in together they become a collective monster at times. J wants to find time to herself, A can't focus for more than a few minutes at a time, Sea is always getting into trouble over the same things, Core can't sit still, Da is trying to do everything his older siblings are doing, Dizzy is just being two. . . ya know, taking toys, screaming "mine" and being downright belligerent and contradictive. . . and G? He just needs to nurse every hour he's awake, that's all.

At least I'm starting back slowly, with three days a week for now. Eventually it'll be at least 4 if not 5 before school starts. Then it'll be back to 5 days a week, but only after school and non school hours.

Well, hopefully I can get a good nights sleep before the beginning of Chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment