Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I have been married for 6 years now, stay at home with my two wonderful boys (2 1/2 and 5 mo). I also watch 5 other children in their home part time. I cloth diaper both of my boys, using hand knit, by me, wool covers and prefolds. I try and make a lot of our food from scratch and hopelessly fail at keeping house, but I try.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A mental breakdown can lead to a breakthrough.

I really wasn't sure what to write about for my first posting, but here goes. Enjoy!

During a mental breakdown the other day I decided that I couldn't stand how stressful the house was. Mind you my breakdown had absolutely nothing to do with the condition of my house, it was the kids, crabby check out clerks, the rising cost of copays, and the fact that it was 100 F outside. And that my 2yr old isn't gaining any weight, as well as other issues. However, I thought if it was more peaceful to look around my house, that maybe I could handle everything else. See how my mind works? No? Don't worry, you're not the only one. Anyways, I decided that if I had to go through and sort things as suggested in the many magazines I have stashed around the house (donate, toss, keep etc) I would NEVER do it. So I grabbed my trash can. My sorting consisted of KEEP and TOSS. I filled the garbage can twice. I now plan on doing this every night before I go to bed.

The less we have, the easier it is to keep clean right? My best friend, who I love dearly, would probably consider this a 'manic state'. She is going through a lot right now, learning about her newly diagnosed manic depression disorder. Anyway, I would not disagree with her. It is a bit extreme, but I've spent 28 years living in chaos and clutter. While I can't get rid of the chaos, I can minimize it by removing the physical clutter in my house. I'm just sick of looking around at all this junk that has no home in my house ;). I"m done putting things on the table waiting for shelves to be purchased (with money we don't have of course) or built (with time we don't have). I'm done putting things away 'just in case'. I'm done holding on to things just because somebody gave it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment