Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I have been married for 6 years now, stay at home with my two wonderful boys (2 1/2 and 5 mo). I also watch 5 other children in their home part time. I cloth diaper both of my boys, using hand knit, by me, wool covers and prefolds. I try and make a lot of our food from scratch and hopelessly fail at keeping house, but I try.

Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Sheep That Knits

So I've been quite busy knitting my life away the last day or two. I finished up a much needed pair of longies for little Gee (and they are just so cute!) and a hat for his bald little head. Now to keep his hands warm. . . . mmmmm. . . . BABY MITTS! Yay! But how can I make the average baby mitt more functional?! I love multi-function items, and mitts are pretty single-function. How about armwarmers to stretch out the usage of short sleeves going into fall and winter? Sweet, so we'll start just above the elbow and rib our way down to the hands, knitting to the end. But what about my mouthy little boy? He loves to chew and suck on his fingers (which bothers some mommies, but not this one). What do I do when he's in chew mode? To still keep his arms nice and warm but give him usage of his fingers, I'll make them flip open. . . or maybe even fingerless mitts with an added. . . . um. . . . not gonna work! Fingerless mitts on a 5 month old? Dumb idea there. Ok, so they'll flip open! Free pattern to come soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment