Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I have been married for 6 years now, stay at home with my two wonderful boys (2 1/2 and 5 mo). I also watch 5 other children in their home part time. I cloth diaper both of my boys, using hand knit, by me, wool covers and prefolds. I try and make a lot of our food from scratch and hopelessly fail at keeping house, but I try.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Zone 1

Well, this post is likely to be embarrasing for me. I believe we are in zone 1, I know it's the front porch, entrance way and dining room. I just can't remember which zone that would be. Anyway, I"ve taken pictures of these areas as they were yesterday morning when I got up. I have since worked on the front porch and The Hubs is majorly impressed. I"ll be posting those pictures next week to hold myself accountable to my few loyal readers.
This of course is the front porch. There's so much furniture on it at this point that it's really cluttered and unusable. One of those bags is dontations and one is for the boys as they get older. The excersaucer stays outside for now. Once Baby Gee gets a bit bigger and more capapble of moving around w/out my having to be overly concerned then it will get put in storage for another baby (hopefully!).

This is our 'entry way'. Really it's just the front door that opens up into the frontroom. From the door you can see this part of the house plus the dining room. It is very cluttered.

In the entry way is my chair. My spot. The one that I don't have to share with the kiddos unless I want to snuggle them to sleep. The one that I like to sit and read magazines or knit sweaters in. What? How can I sit in it? There's no room for my butt? Yeah. I know. It's been that way for about 3 months now. It'll get cleared out one day and piled up the very next. I don't even know why. It's my stuff, It's my fault. I"m the one cluttering up my favorite chair.


Here is the dining room. Starting at the front of the picture on the right is my moving work area. That is all my sweaters, materials and other Sleepy Sheep things. I have to pack it up and put it away every time I get it out. That alone takes an hour to get it out and pack it up when I"m done. Ugh. In the far right corner is the kids art area. It's crowded and over stocked. In the far left is the dining room table that serves as storage, dining when we have company (The Hubs doesn't like to eat at the table. I wish we did more family dining) and my work space. The chair w/ the pink sweatshirt on it is my desk chair. My desk is the only thing I can be semi-proud of right now. It's not so cluttered. Ok, so not entirely cluttered. I have neat stacks of things going on. But it's all good ;) I have room to set my cup of coffee down.

Well, like I said, my front porch is amazing compared to before. Today I will work on my entry way (which considering it's in the front room and that was last week's zone it should be freaking spotless. . .) after getting all my custom orders that have been on hold due to a thread shortage done. Then I'll likely spend the other three days of this week working on the dining room.

For more info on Flying with The Fly Lady be sure to see her website www.flylady.net ;) Happy flying!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. You are so clever, be careful to not do too much in one day and burn out. Remember babysteps. I love flylady too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your porch! It's so beautiful and I also love that blue color on the outside of your house! Gorgeous :)

    Unfortunately Dutch houses hardly ever have porches. Don't know why, it's a shame indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be even nicer in the picture for next weeks post ;) It looks great now, hopefully it will still look good next Monday when I take a picture of it!

    I had really not appreciated this porch, in fact for a long time I couldn't be on it with out dreaming of tearing it down and putting up a nicer one. Then a group of people walked out on it as they were leaving my house and started talking amongst themselves about how they wish they had such a nice porch!!! And that was when it looked like the picture in this post! I've decided I really need to appreciate where I'm at in life, and what I have. If I can't take care of this small porch how could I possibly appreciate a nicer, larger one? So, I'm going to love myself by loving my porch ;)

    ReplyDelete