Search This Blog

About Me

My photo
I have been married for 6 years now, stay at home with my two wonderful boys (2 1/2 and 5 mo). I also watch 5 other children in their home part time. I cloth diaper both of my boys, using hand knit, by me, wool covers and prefolds. I try and make a lot of our food from scratch and hopelessly fail at keeping house, but I try.

Monday, February 14, 2011

Long Time No Post. . . .

Well, my followers, it's been a little too long since my last post. . . you know, the one that was supposed to be a series that was never completed? Well here's a few things that have gone on since then:

I became busy with my day to day life as Dizzy and Gee got older and my work life became even more stressful. . . I never realized that could happen, but yup, it did. I sit for 5 children, after school and on non-school days. It was stressful and annoying when I was doing it at their house. At least I thought so, until I was notified by the state that I could not bring my own children with me, which of course was the only reason I accepted the job. So, unfortunately for my stress levels, but fortunately for this family and our budget, my shoe box of a house had the required amount of space for 7 children. Now, for 2 hours, 5 days a week I have 7 children in my house. That means 3 or 4 are playing nicely (if not too loud and rowdy), at least one is screaming at the top of their lungs and one is in trouble. That's on average. Other than forcing them all to spend every moment outside I have no idea how I"m going to cope with Summer. . .

Due to the lack of sales at my first booth I became a little disheartened and not so much 'gave up' on The Sleepy Sheep as put it on the back burner for too long. Then a miracle happened. Somebody volunteered me to run our church's clothing exchange. Great. (That's another reason I"ve been too busy to post here!) I'm not really an organized person, in fact I'm pretty much the opposite. So I did my best and wound up finding several wool sweaters I could use to make wool pants with. As you may know, wool is great for cloth diaper covers. I had seen people make and sell these from old recycled sweaters. And the sweaters I found were free, some were even pre-shrunk for me. So, I decided to go ahead and try out this interesting little craft, since I had no need to invest any money. I made a pair of pants and a set of overalls for Dizzy and Gee.


I'm now in the process of reopening The Sleepy Sheep. I'm working on making enough to place at a booth at Circle Me in Lincoln Ne at their Diaper REsale on April 2nd from 10am - 2pm. I am also preparing for a Grand Opening on my Etsy page (to be disclosed at a later date) soon after the sale. I may put a few items up, just to get a feel for the shop owner experience, but I plan on putting up some better things this spring.

So, that leaves me here, restarting my blog. Look for a new post each week ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment